Friday, November 20, 2009

you can't cure a sock in the puss with a sock in the puss

So I am not sure how it happened but... I am both employed and very much in Boston. Remember how I was *complaining* about no one responding to my employment attempts?... well still no responses. Somehow through the magical grapevine of weird happenings, my name was suggested for interview at a biofuel company in cambridge and well... here i sit now. Pretty weird. So I have been employed for about a month and have availed myself to the wonderful world of dental insurance. I guess I am still an intern but I get benefits. My god. I thrift stored some sweaters and interviewed with shitty facial hair and they still took me and I still have shitty facial hair and I am still here. So now I spend my days in scenic east cambridge building things that support things that eat carbon and sweat out a fuel. I get to remain dirty while scientists do science all around. Its not bad.

But. Now I am held to Boston. Kind of at gun point. And the gun being held by Sallie Mae herself straight to my temple, poking me monthly with statements that more or less remind me that I am still just paying for the interest.

In other words... the man has taken a firm grip on my groin and will not be letting go for the next ten or so years. All of you sirs not appearing know this grip- tight yet non clenching. Nagging but not quite invasive so it is almost forgotten until the end of the month when it politely plucks a thigh hair and makes my eyes water. Or something.

Joey P and I went to a Bruins game the other night where I caught a "t shirt wrapped like a burrito" - sponsor: Chipotle. For this size XL masterpiece I made a career high catch and celebrated pretty enthusiastically while a gigantic dude sitting behind me said something to the extent of "that shirt burrito is wrapped almost as tight as your jeans [fag]". He had a head tattoo and has definitely drank more than my weight in bud heavies so there was definitely no witty reply.

And that is about it. If anyone is around Boston for the weekend after thanksgiving weekend (which is fucking december...), there will be a friend feast in Jamaica Plain. Due to weird scheduling, the plan is to have a post thanksgiving thanksgiving with after-holiday recession turkey and all the trimmings. You are all invited. My stuffing was once described as "a heart pounding, thrilling, and theatrical event... Two thumbs up" which was coincidentally the exact same review given to new york's famed broadway performance "Cats". It is just that good.

1 comment:

Joey Pwn said...

Also, me and rob wore the same pants to the bruins game so we looked extra cute. I will be here (Boston) for actual thanksgiving, so if anyone else is in the same predicament, we should chill and give thanks to the tim and eric show/satan/handsome men/etc.