Sunday, September 28, 2008

Better that my dreams be dashed than my brains

Things which, at one point in my life, I thought I might have been, but which, since the age of 25, I have realized I will never be or do (this is way more quarter life crisis-y for me than it is for you 22 year old kids. i will live to 100, kdhl. i will!)

1. child prodigy
2. a princess
3. deaf (hey, everybody wants to be like their parents)
4. featured on the pages of 17 magazine
5. 5'8
6. a polyglot
7. an ivy league graduate
8. a prima ballerina in the New York City Ballet
9. a prude
10. a non-smoker

things that i am still holding out to be/might be doomed to be

1. an international human rights lawyer
2. a vapid housewife who shops all day and buys matching throw pillows and eats brie and strawberries for breakfast
3. someone who's been to jail for justice
4. an avid collector of first editions
5. itinerant
6. fluent in french and spanish
7. in a feminist post-punk garage band
8. resident of a magical housing co-op with a library that has one of those rolling ladders and rooms for all of my friends
9. discovered
10. making a living off of writing and googling

No comments: